About Our Special Needs School In Dallas
The Vanguard Preparatory School serves children and families who, for different, often complex reasons, are not well served by traditional public and private schools. Our school in Dallas offers a unique special education program and curriculum to help our students succeed.
Vanguard is Dallas-Fort Worth’s leading therapeutic school serving students with academic, social, emotional, and behavioral differences, and providing an environment where students can excel to the full extent of their capabilities. Excel might mean achieving academic honors and going on to college with a full scholarship or it might mean the freedom to live independently and pursue meaningful work. As a top special education school in Dallas, Vanguard is unique in our ability to integrate academic learning with social-emotional learning. We have been doing both―and doing both well—for a long time.
- Lower school teacher to student ratio: 1:5
- Middle and high school teacher to student ratio: 1:10
- Teaching staff: 18
- Mental health professionals: 8
- Vanguard professionals average years of experience: 15
- Vanguard professionals average tenure: 8
- Therapeutic results: Evidenced-based social and emotional progress reports for each student